Hello from the Tidewater area of Virginia

EMS_1

Good Evening from Virginia,

My name is Bill and I am a retired EMS Director with thirty years of EMS service. I have lived in southeastern Virginia for the last 25 years. I have worked in all areas all areas of EMS starting as an EMT, Paramedic, Paramedic Supervisor, EMS Director, and Ambulance Service Owner X2.

I retired a few years ago after five discectomies and two rods to keep my spine stable. I can no longer lift. and carry mama down five flights of stairs anymore. My feeling is if I can't do what I am asking my Paramedic's to do, it is time to pull the pin. I still keep my hand in EMS, I just don't get paid for it anymore.

I feel I have a lot to offer new people just starting out about what EMS is really like. How to protect yourself from injuries, how to relax during your off time and spend time with your families.

I did not mean to write a book. I hope you all have a good evening.

EMS_1

EMS_1, that was not a book. A book would have been shorter. ha ha ha

But sorry

Sounds like you have a breadth of experience. Maybe you could jump in where AK is leaving off and help out the newbies in their ever expanding quest for learning.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.