Feeling Overwhelmed...

CBR600RR

In my opinion, you personally, should not be trying to take the EMT course in a 3-month period. Instead, you should be taking the semester-long course because then you will not have to learn so much in so little amount of time. I took my EMT course during my last semester at the University where I obtained a degree in Business, so my study skills were at their best, and it was still a lot to comprehend in one semester . I can't imagine trying to learn everything from the EMT course in 3 months rather than 5 months. You might need to talk to your professor, let them know that you are completely lost and that the course is designed to move too fast for you personally, and ask about dropping and re-enrolling in a longer course. That is just my personal opinioin and I hope it helps you out in some way.

Three months is 12 weeks. A semester is 15 weeks. That extra three weeks is an extra three hours of class per week. Nine hours total. That's not a huge difference.

While I understand the point you're trying to make, you're not identifying a huge time gap between the two academic calendars.

I think the idea is that the material is better spread out. While a semester is indeed about 15 weeks, you typically have breaks and what not that can spread the actual time out a bit more. This may in theory allow a person to take advantage of this time to study and work at digesting the material.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.