Gonna learn something new

Hello guys and gals. Heres something new

I'm probably moving to phoenix in the next 6-9 months and I need some help.

This is for the entire family but more for me.

I need to learn spanish. So does the family.

I need either a book/dvd system or a computer system.

I'm putting a request out there to the group as to what anyone might have heard was a good one.

I already have looked at Rosetta stone and I know they say they are the best but I'm not ready to fork out +600 for all three levels. Not saying I won't but I'm not ready to do that quite yet.

What are some other systems that others here have used?

Thanks

hmm, I'm using Rosetta Stone now, and I have it all loaded onto my computer. I could send you my stuff, it's all 5 levels, but I can't guarantee that it would work for you and you definitely can't access the on-line tutor. How about a smart phone translator app? You speak English, it speaks Spanish, they speak Spanish, it speaks English. Not a perfect solution, but it's a start.

I've been told that Berlitz is awesome but others rave about Rosetta. I'm not sure about either one. That's the reason I'm asking for opinions.

I know that for my job, I need to really know spanish and english even though computer speak is english but for my family possibly living in phoenix would require them to really become bi-lingual and our homeschooling our son and then our daughter we would need a spanish language program to teach them spanish unless we hired a spanish speaking tutor.

The other option would be to hire a landscaping crew and put our two kids outside while they were working and then our kids would have a good grasp of the language before the job was over. (just kidding to my spanish speaking friends)