Please help me improve my narratives

CPhT

I save it to the fire departments secure drive that has an individual file for each department member. There is no patient confidentiality issues as there is no patient information in said report. Address, names, companies responding, vitals etc are removed so it just acts as a template.

I had a feeling that was the answer that you were going to give. Saving templates is a good idea. Consistency is key.

The basic 20 is that write what is relevant for the medical staff at the hospital, nobody cares two fucks about a bunch of rambling bullshit (although if that were really true, which it is BTW, nobody would ever read what in the bloody hell I say wait, shut up)

Write the provisional diagnosis or primary problem if you are not confidently able to make a diagnosis rather than the chief complaint if your patient report form has a space for it (the NZ one does) e.g. "anteriolaterl MI with bradycardia and cardiogenic shock" is much more helpful than "chest pain and dizziness"

If your patient report form has a space for dispatch code (MPDS or equivalent) then don't write "dispatched for XYZ"; if your patient report form has a space for the address ofthe incident then write it there rather than writing "dispatched to ..."

If your patient report form has a space for the vital signs write then there rather than in the narrative it is very easy to quickly trend them if they are all in a block rather than buried in a big block of text

And please for the love of Ganeesh the Indian Elephant God located in the Kwik E Mart employee lounge, do not write in a big block of text

If your patient report form does not have the things I have mentioned it is a good idea to suggest a change to get them?

Keep the narriative sect

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.