Documented standards for EMS standby staffing?

When it comes to professional sports, this is what i know -

MLB requires an ALS crew with transporting capabilities dedicated to the field, we also assign one medic to work with their first aid team in the stands. They have about 20 volunteer BLS providers at each game.

NFL requires 3 ALS providers with transport capabilities on the field in addition to the NFL employed physicians. We also staff another dedicated dual medic crew to the stands to augment the 30ish volunteer BLS providers.

NBA and WNBA require an ALS unit for the court in addition to their paid BLS providers.

I spent 6 years volunteering with a NCAA division 1 universities BLS EMS and we generally had a transporting until at every sporting event, but IIRC, mens hockey was the only sport that required a transporting unit. Other wise we would staff with about 4-6 people per event. Football also required a transporting unit, but they require ALS, which is provided by my current service. Basketball required a physican on scene.

Edited by WestMetroMedic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.