FP-C and CCP-C Exam Materials

pcbguy

Hello all.

Was wondering of those that have taken either their FP-C or CCP-C, what study material did you use?

I have a book called the ACE SAT I got that seems to be a good bank of questions. I also got the videos from the same site.

Any other good recommendations for study material?

Also how many people here have taken either? I haven't been on here in a while(let the beating commence) but I was surprised there wasn't a section for critical care or flight.

Thanks!!

Hello all.

Was wondering of those that have taken either their FP-C or CCP-C, what study material did you use?

I have a book called the ACE SAT I got that seems to be a good bank of questions. I also got the videos from the same site.

Any other good recommendations for study material?

I think the ACE SAT was the best book for me. You may also want too look on http://www.astna.org/ . I found the Transport Certification Review manual (II) and Patient Transport: Principles and Practice books also very helpful.

Also how many people here have taken either? I haven't been on here in a while(let the beating commence) but I was surprised there wasn't a section for critical care or flight.

Took both. CCP-C is as equally as challenging as the FP-C...minus all the flight stuff.

Thanks akflightmedic, I checked that link but it looks like the site is gone. Also I noticed it says your location is in the Sandbox. Same here.

Hey scott33!! I should have mentioned that I got the Patient Transport: Principles and Practice also. I found that the ACE book was just questions and rationales. I wanted something that actually taught the material so I got the Patient Transport one.

I am going home to the states in June and figured I would try to take both the FP-C and CCP-C while I'm there. I have been assuming the test were similar minus the flight stuff on the CCP-C. Thanks for verifying.

My girlfriend is getting ready to take her CEN and CCRN and I am surprised at the ton of study materials for those and how little there is on the medic side of things.

I would like to emphasise the fact that the FP-C/CFRN question has been asked more times than I can count on flightweb. If you do a quick search, you should find all the information the you need. The ACE SAT book is somewhat of an industry standard for preparing for these exams. If you are looking for something to teach you critical care transport, I highly suggest you get some critical care experience. Spend time working with critical care nurses and respiratory therapists in a good ICU and perhaps do some fly along time. Often, I find medics fly for at least a year or so to obtain experience prior to taking the exam. I flew for just over two years before I tackled the CFRN. (Nursing analog for the FP-C.) Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.