Trying something new

Vorenus

Well what you can do with the degree you are getting is to come here to this site and teach most of those here, myself included, a lesson on grammar or two. English lit my ass.

What do you mean? I`m a bit slow with the thinking thing after this particular shift...;)

I've always wanted to say that. My old english professor who i loved to death, she was every bit of the stereotypical english professor would say that after nearly every old author we studied, "Shakespeare, English Lit My Ass" but in the very best old English accent you can imagine.

Lol, that`s cool.

Have you done English at college, too? Since you said "professor".

Edited by Vorenus

yep 4 sems 2 american lit, 1 brit lit and 1 international lit liked international lit best. russian/french/polish/slovenian you know the classics

That`s cool.

Yeah, the Open Universities literature degree used to be broader too, but from now on, they will solely focus on English Literature.

Not a bad thing though, you can choose different modules aside from your vocational one`s, so you can still specify yourself on what you´re more interested in (19th century, 20th century, creative writing, etc.).

oooh creative writing. Not that I've written the beginnings of a novel (60 pages of so, oh wait, yeah I've done that) just got to get to 400 or 700 pages and then find a publisher dumb enough to pay me for the privelidge to publish it but that's for a different topic.

And it has nothing to do with EMS, yes I do have other pursuits I like to follow.

Yeah, I`m really looking forward to the Creative Writing course, there are actually two big one`s: Creative Writing and Advanced Creative Writing. I guess I`ll take them both.

You writing a novel? That`s awesome! Have you written much else, besides the novel?