nitro for htn

mo_medic

Anyway, when I got smart enough to look at HTN as a possible compensation to a pathologic event as well as a possible pathological even on it's own, or perhaps with it's cousins, (more or less), I've not since found a reason to treat HTN in the field. I'm just not really sure how you separate the HTN Yin from the HTN Yang in the field.

Dwayne

True enough.

Although, with a suspected Apoplex it`s recommended to lower the BP, if it`s higher than 220 syst. or 120 diast., although not under 180 syst.

Without a really high BP I wouldn`t take steps to treat HTN in the field if you have neurologic symptoms, regarding the compensation mechanisms that fall into place in this cases.

I agree with what a few have said about it being treatable with the right medications. The first few super high BPs I saw I wanted to lower it with SL nitro, but when it was pointed out that I could drop their BP too quickly and cause them to stroke I figured I'd better not do that.

Given the right medications and depending on my transport times personally it is something that I would consider doing.