What my "Project" is / general EMT question

Check the Department of Transportation Web Site for information about what the various cirriculums are all about. The number of hours for each licensure/certification level are outlined, as well as what these programs will include. That is a good starting point, since from there states can be quite different as to what their programs are all about. Not sure how much detail you are looking for.

Policies and programs generally vary from town to town, county to county, and obviously state to state.

Check the Department of Transportation Web Site for information about what the various cirriculums are all about. The number of hours for each licensure/certification level are outlined, as well as what these programs will include. That is a good starting point, since from there states can be quite different as to what their programs are all about. Not sure how much detail you are looking for.

Policies and programs generally vary from town to town, county to county, and obviously state to state.

Thank you!

I'll check that out first thing tomorrow.

Cheers.

Seth

I'm experiencing information sensory overload right now! ;)

Wait.

So you're going to use this website, which already does a lot of what you're describing in its discussion forums, to solicit information to help you create your own website? That seems pretty shady. That's like going into successful business "A" and asking for advice on how to build a business to directly compete with successful business "A".

What does this project of yours have to do with being a journalist? How does it play into you wanting to know everything there is to know about EMS?

Seth, first off good luck on your project and website. Goodness knows the internet needs more stuff on it.

But I have to agree with Mike but I would like to take it one step further -- How is your website going to be different than the current sites out there? How is it going to benefit my friend who came to me asking how to become a medic?

Here is the results of a web search via Google for "how to become an emt" https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=how+to+become+an+EMT&pbx=1&oq=how+to+become+an+EMT&aq=f&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1336l3646l0l4203l20l9l0l3l3l0l614l1503l0.1.3.5-1l7l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=c926c362c28586a4&biw=1350&bih=661

I went through just 2 pages but there are countless pages just in this one search.

Here is the how to become an paramedic search as well. https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=how+to+become+an+paramedic&pbx=1&oq=how+to+become+an+paramedic&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=86451l88935l1l89185l16l9l1l0l0l3l710l1598l2-2.1.6-1l5l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=c926c362c28586a4&biw=1350&bih=661

There are at least 3 pages if not many many more that focus on just what you are asking.

If you go further and ask this question on Google "how to become a paramedic in Missouri" you get this search result -

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=how+to+become+an+paramedic+in+missouri&pbx=1&oq=how+to+become+an+

paramedic+in+missouri&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=113759l115747l2l116048l14l7l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav

=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=c926c362c28586a4&biw=1350&bih=661

I'm not sure if that link will work here though. But there are 3 entire pages in this search devoted to becoming a medic in missouri

I suspect if you did that for each state and even each country you would get the same number of results.

I did not go in and look at the individual pages because well that's your job and I'm doing this at work but here is my question to you and your "gang of six" or your partners

How is your site going to be better than the sites listed in the searches above? How is your site going to hit the first page on Google instead of page 3 or 4? How will you HOOK the so called EMT wannabe or medic wannabe into coming to your site?

I'm not questioning your motives but I'm questioning how you intend to get to the finished product when there are literally hundreds of websites that seem to do what you are wanting to do.

Seth, first off good luck on your project and website. Goodness knows the internet needs more stuff on it.

But I have to agree with Mike but I would like to take it one step further -- How is your website going to be different than the current sites out there? How is it going to benefit my friend who came to me asking how to become a medic?

Here is the results of a web search via Google for "how to become an emt" https://www.google.c...iw=1350&bih=661

I went through just 2 pages but there are countless pages just in this one search.

Here is the how to become an paramedic search as well. https://www.google.c...iw=1350&bih=661

There are at least 3 pages if not many many more that focus on just what you are asking.

If you go further and ask this question on Google "how to become a paramedic in Missouri" you get this search result -

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=how+to+become+an+paramedic+in+missouri&pbx=1&oq=how+to+become+an+

paramedic+in+missouri&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=113759l115747l2l116048l14l7l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0&bav

=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&fp=c926c362c28586a4&biw=1350&bih=661

I'm not sure if that link will work here though. But there are 3 entire pages in this search devoted to becoming a medic in missouri

I suspect if you did that for each state and even each country you would get the same number of results.

I did not go in and look at the individual pages because well that's your job and I'm doing this at work but here is my question to you and your "gang of six" or your partners

How is your site going to be better than the sites listed in the searches above? How is your site going to hit the first page on Google instead of page 3 or 4? How will you HOOK the so called EMT wannabe or medic wannabe into coming to your site?

I'm not questioning your motives but I'm questioning how you intend to get to the finished product when there are literally hundreds of websites that seem to do what you are wanting to do.

Hey, thank you for your questions. I don't disagree with the concenrns expressed with you or Mike. However, the EMS field is centered around helping others in need. I want to provie good quality help to those in need of EMT training.

http://www.paramedic-ems.com/tobeone.htm

The above site is one of my biggest reasons for deciding to take up this project. This site is ranked number 2 on the "how to be paramedic in missouri.." This website is poor in quality and "user-friendly-ness". There are TONS of sites like this (i've done my research) and it upsets me to a certain degree. - My goal is to create a well-built, quality structured website that caters to the needs of each individual in the US searching for how to become an EMT. Don't get me wrong, there are sites that have good structure, but they are few and far between. Most of the sites that are top-ranked were built in the late 90's/early 2k.. We have much evolved since then, but the sites themselves have failed to evolve.

I'm creating something that is 'fresh' or 'current' if you will. Not only on the information side, but with the design and user accessibility.

I will be working with I have studied SEO (service engine optimization) for a couple of years now, so getting the site ranked no. 1 is not unattainiable. As like anything it takes time and dedication, but I'm willing to put forth the work, and I'm confident that I will be able to do such a thing without a doubt. I hope this answers some questions, while at the same time avoids conflict.

p.s.

my spell check is turned off so forgive me for any sp errors.

Best,

Seth

Seth, I have no issues with you being here asking questions. I also have no issues with setting up what you are trying to do. NO conflict on my part.

I was just trying to show you that there are literally hundreds of websites out there that address these things yet I left it up to you to determine if those sites were any good.

I'm already a medic so I don't need to go to those sites but had I have had a site like what you envision when I started in EMT it would have been invaluable to me and to many others.

I do wish you well. I'd like to see the finished product as well.

Good luck.

Another thing to take into consideration, is the different requirements per county, I know here in California, there are a couple more hoops to jump through to be an EMT in Los Angeles than elsewhere in the state. Also you can't do as much as an EMT in Los Angeles as elsewhere in the state etc. etc.

This is a monumental task you are undertaking, but I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Here are some things I've been researching lately in reference to EMS maybe you could include them all on your site if you wish.

Reciprocity for EMT in different states

Pay scale comparisons for EMS in different states

Cost of living comparisons for Different States

Yeah I'm trying to get out of California...

Best of luck!

Another thing to take into consideration, is the different requirements per county, I know here in California, there are a couple more hoops to jump through to be an EMT in Los Angeles than elsewhere in the state. Also you can't do as much as an EMT in Los Angeles as elsewhere in the state etc. etc.

This is a monumental task you are undertaking, but I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Here are some things I've been researching lately in reference to EMS maybe you could include them all on your site if you wish.

Reciprocity for EMT in different states

Pay scale comparisons for EMS in different states

Cost of living comparisons for Different States

Yeah I'm trying to get out of California...

Best of luck!

I think Jems does something like the info for reciprocity and pay scale for the different states. It's usually in their Gold edition but I haven't had a jems sub for so long that I'm not sure if they do it anymore.

That edition has pretty good stuff in it and would be veryhelpful for your endeavour

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.