Are you a parent?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Parent

• Yes
    • No
    • Soon

First and foremost congratulations. Parenthood is one of the most exciting, funny, scarey, prideful, painful, frustrating, but most of all rewarding experiences that a person can go through. I have been blessed with two girls and they keep me busy when I am there to spend time with them. My biggest suggestion that I can come up with is love your child unconditionally, spend as much time with them as you possibly can, dote on your child (no matter the nay-sayers) as much as you can, pictures are a must.

One thing that you may consider, is maybe start an e-mail account for them. When you have a moment with them, want to share with your child a thought that is fresh send them an e-mail. Then when you think that they are old enough to understand those thoughts and enjoy the memories give them that e-mail account and let them read them.

I can not take any credit for that idea, I got it from a T.V. show that my oldest absolutely loves. See TV does influence us :).

Again congratulations, it is a special time in your life.

You will argue and agnonize over spanking/no spanking throughout his entire young life...

I'm not telling you what to choose, only asking that you believe that each time that you hit your child that you understand that it comes from a failure of the parents...

Despite what many believe, anger and violence is not necessary to raise kind, peaceful people...

Step up now Brother...you're still a baby yourself..it's time that you look at the big picture..every minute, of every day...

Dwayne

Dwayne perhaps if this young man had been spanked a time or two he would not be a father at 16. :devil:

Ok but in all seriousness if you do decide to spank a child do not do it in anger and only do it after explaining why. Then the spanking just reinforces the negative consequences of the childs behavior.

To see more different opinions on discipline you can search spank dwayne. There should be a few discussions come up so we don't hijack this thread.

• Like 1