Most hours for least pay

paramedicmike

I think they have as well. I work 45 hours a week but I am the only one that works 5 days a week other than management. I don't mean field supervisors, I mean the CEO and Director of Ops. All my co-workers work 57, 66 or 72 hour weeks. 33 hour shifts and reverse 24's are the norm. I truly don't know how they do it.

That many hours in a row is truly a challenge for anyone, and may be the reason that a couple of the guys only work with another medic and one is being submitted for censure with the state by our regional medical director, and I can't go into detail about that.

We hold people's lives in our hands, work tired and yet the compensation for it is minimal. Sadly, if you have a family and bills to pay, you have to work more hours to keep your head above water.

Quit your griping, what other job could you do at your current education level and make the same money (excluding EMTBs but they do not deserve more than minimum wage). When my boss started in EMS he worked 24 on 24 off schedule for 11k per year, no retirement, no health insurance. Be glad you have a job at any pay.

Quit your griping, what other job could you do at your current education level and make the same money (excluding EMTBs but they do not deserve more than minimum wage). When my boss started in EMS he worked 24 on 24 off schedule for 11k per year, no retirement, no health insurance. Be glad you have a job at any pay.

There are many other jobs with equal or even less education requirements where better wages can be earned.

You are right EMTB-B don't deserve minimum wage, of course not they deserve better than that. Not because of the level of their preparation but because of the value of the service rendered.

• Like 1

Really??! This coming form a person that does everything in thier power to incite bigotry and just plain bullshit. Get over yourself peckerhead.

• Like 1

Really??! This coming form a person that does everything in thier power to incite bigotry and just plain bullshit. Get over yourself peckerhead.

Peckerhead?? Are you sure you aren't a southern woman?? That is funny!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.