Huron Valley Ambulance- Has anyone worked there?

I currently work for a private EMS service in Taylor,MI. I would like to make the move to HVA because Monroe Community Ambulance serves the county i grew up in. HVA seems like a very professional service.

They require a written and physical agility test, as well as an oral board. This is then followed by weeks of orientation that include time in dispatch and evaluations by senior crewmembers.

Has anyone here worked for HVA? If so could you share info about their hiring process and what to expect while working for them? Also positive or negative experiences would be appreciated. I don't want to change

jobs any more. I would like to make sure this company is a legitimate career choice and move in permanently. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

The hiring process over at HVA has always been very competative. I havent heard many stories about a high turnover rate from there either.

Unlike several of the other companies in that area, HVA doesn't just take 'any warm body with a pulse' and put them in a uniform. Because of the reputation that HVA had, they could afford to be a bit 'snobbish' on who they hire.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Taylor, can I take your job when you leave? Lol. I'm actually trying for Hart EMS. They'll be closer once I'm at Wayne State University. But yeah, I consider HVA as the "cream of the crop" in EMS in our area, so you're right in making that your goal company. If I'm not mistaken, they have the PS2's in the back of the ped buses, or maybe that's Rapid Response.

Edited by Tmurphy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.