Ornge ACP-F / CCP-F program

nari

Hi

Is the Ornge Academy accepting international students to the ACP-F / CCP-F program ?

Take a look here:

http://www.ornge.ca/Academy/Pages/Courses.aspx

They say that they want PCPs and also that you need to have the MoHLTC aeromedical certificate which is an Ontario thing, but it never hurts to get in touch and ask.

Maybe if you give us some more info on why you're wondering about this and we can help provide other information.

Take a look here:

http://www.ornge.ca/Academy/Pages/Courses.aspx

They say that they want PCPs and also that you need to have the MoHLTC aeromedical certificate which is an Ontario thing, but it never hurts to get in touch and ask.

Maybe if you give us some more info on why you're wondering about this and we can help provide other information.

Well, my wife and I are interested in moving to Toronto, she will take her masters in sport science and Im interested in expanding my education in prehospital emergency medicine.

Given the extremely high demand for the program, and prerequisites that include a letter of reference from your Base Hospital, I'd be surprised if they'd accept someone not currently practicing in Ontario. Only real way to know is to contact them and ask.

Well, my wife and I are interested in moving to Toronto, she will take her masters in sport science and Im interested in expanding my education in prehospital emergency medicine.

Where are you from and what is your current education and level of practice like? There are other ACP programs (not flight) in the Toronto area that may be worth considering. Is your ultimate goal to work in Ontario or just to receive the education?

Where are you from and what is your current education and level of practice like? There are other ACP programs (not flight) in the Toronto area that may be worth considering. Is your ultimate goal to work in Ontario or just to receive the education?

Well my current education is EMT-I, and i live in Iceland :)

My ultimate goal is working and living in Ontario if we like it there .

Well my current education is EMT-I, and i live in Iceland :)

My ultimate goal is working and living in Ontario if we like it there .

What education is required to become an EMT-I in Iceland?

I would suggest that you either consider a PCP program or look at the equivalency process here: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/program/ehs/edu/equiv.html

If you goal is to work in Ontario, then it is probably best for you to focus on getting the AEMCA first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.