Ideas About These News Stories

CCFD staffs all their ambulances with Paramedics so I am not sure what you mean by First Responders. They only have 2 EMT's left with CCFD from years ago that was grandfathered in. So 70 Paramedics and 2 EMTS staff CCFD. There is 3 different 3rd companies that do non emergency calls in Vegas.

CCFD staffs all their ambulances with Paramedics so I am not sure what you mean by First Responders. They only have 2 EMT's left with CCFD from years ago that was grandfathered in. So 70 Paramedics and 2 EMTS staff CCFD. There is 3 different 3rd companies that do non emergency calls in Vegas.

It refers to the FDs that send a fire truck (or trucks) to the scene with a bunch of FFs but no capability to transport the pt. People do not need 5 fire trucks with 8 medics on each one, they need one ambulance with 1 medic and a driver of some sort. Save the money on all of that wasted response and supply more ambulances with medcis.

CCFD staffs all their ambulances with Paramedics so I am not sure what you mean by First Responders.

Just like Lone Star said, a first responder is anyone who responds without the ability to transport. And again, transportation is the ONLY modality that EMS offers that is consistently proven to reduce mortality and morbidity. In other words, transportation is the ONLY thing we simply cannot get by without. Even the stupid firemonkeys seem to realise that much, or they wouldn't be whining about the lack of ambulances in the first place, right? Consequently, I just can't understand what it is about this situation that you fail to comprehend.

1. There is X amount of money to spend on EMS.

2. More than half of that money is spent funding non-transporting first responders.

3. There is a serious shortage of transporting EMS units.

Are you smart enough to fill in number 4, or are we wasting our breath on you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.