Where are all the EMT jobs in NY?

I have been looking to get started in EMT ( actually using my certification) I have gone on one interview with SeniorCare after a few days received an email saying I didn't get the job. I guess with transcare I didn't answer the assessment questions to there standards because I haven't heard from them. All others I have faxed my resume and called and I haven't heard anything. But there websites show they are hiring. What am I doing wrong? This is so frustrating!

What you are doing wrong is choosing a field that has only one job for probably every two hundred applicants every year. If your school didn't explain the job market outlook to you before the class started, then your school sucks, which makes getting a job even harder.

What kind of assessment questions are you talking about?

I have been looking to get started in EMT ( actually using my certification) I have gone on one interview with SeniorCare, after a few days received an email saying I didn't get the job. I guess with Transcare I didn't answer the assessment questions to there standards, because I haven't heard from them. All of the others that I have faxed my resume to and called and; I haven't heard anything.recieved any response, Buteven though there websites show they are hiring. What am I doing wrong? This is so frustrating!

First look at your spelling, sentence structure and grammar (notice all the red spots above?). Next, simply calling them and faxing a resume isn't properly applying for a job; and if I were in HR (Human Resources), I wouldn't hire you either. If you cannot put forth enough effort to at least follow the basic rules of composition, or show up in person, then it can be presumed that you really don't want the job!

Another thing that's working against you is the proliferation of all the 'patch mill schools' that are churning out EMT's and flooding the market with candidates that have for the most part, taken the easy way into the field. Unfortunately, many of these candidates have inferior skills, simply because the focus of these schools isn't on producing EDUCATED EMT's and Paramedics; but rather only focusing on passing the NREMT (where applicable).

If you want to stand above the majority, then you MUST prove your dedication to the field by obtaining a better education than the others!

I didn't shred our post to make you feel bad or because I'm a 'mean person', nor did I do it because I feel like being a jerk. You ASKED what you're doing wrong, and I'm pointing it out in hopes that you'll correct these errors and stand a better chance of at least making it to the 'interview stage'.

It's tough in NYC for EMTs. Put your name on the FDNY EMS list. Keep applying to all the Privates. Try the Hospitals.

Go to Citiwide, Midwood, Coling, Hunter, Assist, and Lifeline. If you have a car; try Empress or Westchester EMS. Good luck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.