For EMS Providers Who Do Not Have a Degree or Have One But Wants to Get an Advance Degree.

NYCEMS9115

You've ever heard of a BPS, a MPS, or a DPS Degree? School of Professional Studies? Basically, its a Degree for Adult Learners who have no college, some college, or have Degrees and they want to Advance their Educational Portfolio. This program is internationally recognized and it is available in Local, State, and Private Universities. Its geared so you can work and still go to school. They accept transfer and life credits; anywhere from 60-90 credits or no credits at all. Most Universities discount the tuition for students in the School of Professional Studies. So, if you have a BS/BA you will have all the credits accepted and you take classes for the MPS. If you have a MS/MA they will accept all the credits you have and you take the classes for your DPS; which is equivalent to a PhD but your emphasis is on practical application rather than on academia and research.

I have an AAS in Paramedics and will have my ASN by 2012. I plan to enter the College of Mount Saint Vincent for my BPS in the Fall 2012; the tuition is $330/credit; normally its $495/credit. They planned out 3 classes a semester; so I will be done in 3 1/2 years. It will cost me roughly $19,000 for my BS. That's great for a prestigious Private University Education. I plan to go for my MPS soon after; maybe my DPS but let's get the BPS done first...

Just thought I would share. All the best.

http://www.mountsaintvincent.edu/3644.htm