Introduction and Questions

Snick

Hello all,

I'm Nick and I have just graduated from the University of Central Florida. (Well actually not until May 7th, but my classes are done. :)) I'm graduating with a Health Sciences degree and plan to enroll into and EMT-B program in the Fall.

I'm from South Miami and am currently looking at two different EMT-B/Paramedic programs in my area and would like some opinions from others who may have experience at either one of them.

The first is American Medical Academy

http://www.amaedu.com/courses.php

The second is Miami-Dade College

http://www.mdc.edu/medical/AHT/EMT/default.asp

I have tons of other questions about EMS in the Miami-Dade/South Florida area I'd love to pick someone's brain about. If you could spare some time it would be greatly appreciated. I can private message your, email, or post them here, which ever you prefer.

Thanks,

Nick

Sorry, I see that I have a chat message or request up at the top of the page. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my post but I'm not able to see or respond to it yet as I don't have enough posts.

Hey Nick! Welcome to the City!

I'm afraid I can't guide you on the FL colleges, but I do know that you need to be really, really, really careful. Yeti may be of some help for you.

Also, I know exactly the chat message you're talking about as it still catches me once in a while. That's not a message for you, but showing you how many people are in chat to encourage you to go and join them.

Good to have you here! I haven't read them yet, but I see that you are participating in other threads too already! Outstanding!

Dwayne

• Like 1

Hey Nick! Welcome to the City!

I'm afraid I can't guide you on the FL colleges, but I do know that you need to be really, really, really careful. Yeti may be of some help for you.

Also, I know exactly the chat message you're talking about as it still catches me once in a while. That's not a message for you, but showing you how many people are in chat to encourage you to go and join them.

Good to have you here! I haven't read them yet, but I see that you are participating in other threads too already! Outstanding!

Dwayne

Thanks for the response!

Hey welcome to the City! The only thing I can offer (as I'm still in EMT-B classes for a few more weeks) is that make sure to check with your local guidelines as some states require EMT certification before they will even allow you to enroll in Paramedic classes/ programs.

I guess they have this thing about putting the stretcher before the ambulance.

-MetalMedic

Edited to make a witty statement- a play on putting the cart before the horse if you will.

Edited by MetalMedic