Philips Heartstart For Sale

Many of youze guyz know I am on a bunch of mailing lists. I am also a member of both Costco and B.J's Buyer's Clubs. For those not familier with these names, they are so-called "Big Box" stores, where you can purchase a bunch of stuff at reduced rates. In food, for the cost of 2 pounds in separate packages, you can buy 5 pounds of the food, but in one big box. It makes sense if buying for a soup kitchen feeding the homeless, or the head cook feeding the Third Armored Division.

I have purchased breakfast cereal there. The last couple of ounces went stale, after all, it's just Me and Momma B in the house. I have also bought AA, AAA, C, and D sized batteries, 40 count per package, for the electric toothbrush, Police scanners, GMRS radios, flashlights, and the wireless mice for both of my computers. My Garmin Nuvi GPS came from Costco, $70 less than Radio Shack.

However... would you spend admittedly less than at a medical supplyt firm to get a Philips Heartstart from B.J's? $1,267.99, after instant rebate with coupon, for this defibrillator in carry case, with a Sonicare electric toothbrush as a bonus, thrown in for good measure.

At B.J's?

However... would you spend admittedly less than at a medical supplyt firm to get a Philips Heartstart from B.J's? $1,267.99, after instant rebate with coupon, for this defibrillator in carry case, with a Sonicare electric toothbrush as a bonus, thrown in for good measure.

At B.J's?

I saw that ad! I love the throw in of the SonicCare toothbrush! Is it a subtle hint that if we're going to do Mouth to Mouth we better make sure we have fresh breath? LOL

Seriously, I would have to think twice about buying any serious medical device from a big box store. However, seeing this is BJs and they do sell a lot of business services, I can see this as a new approach to getting businesses to install Public Access Defibs in their offices. If it gets more AEDs out there in offices and other workplaces, then I'm all for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.