NYC Volunteer Units

I'm currently taking my EMT-B training right now. I want to find a volunteer unit I can begin to work with either doing ride alongs, driving or anything I can do to help get my feet wet. I've heard of Bayside, Central Park and Corona Units, but no one answered their phone or responded to my voicemail.

I currently have a NYS Driving License; American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Lifeguard/First Aid. I expect to graduate and be a certified EMT-B in May. So if anyone has any suggestions or has done this before any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently part of Jamaica Estates Volunteer Ambulance

I am forgetful if JEVAC is Districvt 4 or 18.

Steven, what community are you in?

FYI, District 4 is having it's monthly meeting at Forest Hills VAC tomorrow night, Thursday March 10, at 7 PM. They are just east of Woodhaven Boulevard on Metropolitan Avenue, right next to the LIRR Overpass. Landmark at the corner of Woodhaven and Met is the Wendy's.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.