Hello!

Andrea

Hello All!

Just found and joined this site - it looked like a place I might find some answers! I just certified as an EMT-B over the summer and went from that right into the Paramedic program. I love school and I love working clinical hours... I think I've finally found something I will enjoy doing for a while :)

I'm currently attend school in Fort Wayne Indiana but as soon as I'm done in December 2012, I will be moving to the Lynchburg Virginia area. School, clinical hours and raising two kids on my own is about all I can handle at one time, so I'm not currently affiliated with a local service.

I have done several hours of research on the types of services in the Lynchburg area and haven't been able to find much outside of a few volunteer services. I know the local hospital there has an ambulance service but, can't find any other information about it. I'm feeling like my chances of graduating, moving and getting a job as a Paramedic right away with no experience outside of clinicals is a shot in the dark. If there is anyone here from Virginia that would be willing to give me some pointers, I'd be forever grateful!

Stay safe out there!

Andrea

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.