StickyEMT

Hey all!

My name is Theresa and I am a current EMT-B student. Not sure where I want to go from here, as I have almost 14 years in pharmacy (as a CPhT) and have much more of the hands on desire than pharmacy limits me to! My dad was a Paramedic for a large city, so growing up we had a LOT of stories to hear. (Of course, we only got to hear the "good" ones when we were older! lol) Unsure if I want to stay in EMS (around here is mostly just volunteer for Basics) and continue on and get my Paramedic, or go on to nursing school, or....who knows! lol

Born and raised in Minnesota, now living in Kansas. Have 2 kids, and now live in a little town, and I love it! Much different than the BIG city!

Looking forward to hearing about all of your experiences, knowledge, and opinions that you have to share!

-T

Hey all!

My name is Theresa and I am a current EMT-B student. Not sure where I want to go from here, as I have almost 14 years in pharmacy (as a CPhT) and have much more of the hands on desire than pharmacy limits me to! My dad was a Paramedic for a large city, so growing up we had a LOT of stories to hear. (Of course, we only got to hear the "good" ones when we were older! lol) Unsure if I want to stay in EMS (around here is mostly just volunteer for Basics) and continue on and get my Paramedic, or go on to nursing school, or....who knows! lol

Born and raised in Minnesota, now living in Kansas. Have 2 kids, and now live in a little town, and I love it! Much different than the BIG city!

Looking forward to hearing about all of your experiences, knowledge, and opinions that you have to share!

-T

Theresa,

I just recently finished EMT school...It was definitely an exciting experience. Just from the limited amount of ride outs I have done and from the people that I have spoken to, EMS sounds like a great career, but I have to say that it wasn't as hands on as I thought it would be. You said that you were not sure where you want to go next but that you have a desire to be hands on with your patients...nursing school will give you more hands on interaction with your patients than working as an EMT or Paramedic, but all of these are great career choices...I spent time doing a hospital rotation and when I compared that to the ride outs on the ambulances, I noticed that in the hospital as a nurse, you get to spend more time with your patients. Where on the ambulance it was 10 or so with them and then you pass them off. So if you are looking for something to give you time with your patients, nursing school may be a better option...but it just depends on what you are really looking for.

Good luck with school and everything!

~Kristina

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.