95 paramedic drugs

devanmills

The drug list is dependant on the school. Some teach fewer than 40 drugs others require over 100 detailed knowledge with basic ideal of many more. If you have not done so yet take a good A&P class as when you understand what areas a med works on it is easier to recall the details. Also most of the drugs that schools study are contained in the workbook for the Paramedic textbook you will use. Don't rely on those cards though as they are not nearly detailed enough. Do research on each drug. A search of this forum will reveal many ideals towards studying your drugs.

The drug list is dependant on the school. Some teach fewer than 40 drugs others require over 100 detailed knowledge with basic ideal of many more. If you have not done so yet take a good A&P class as when you understand what areas a med works on it is easier to recall the details. Also most of the drugs that schools study are contained in the workbook for the Paramedic textbook you will use. Don't rely on those cards though as they are not nearly detailed enough. Do research on each drug. A search of this forum will reveal many ideals towards studying your drugs.

Okay thanks man. also some of the paramedics i have worked with through the fire department have stressed knowing my lidocaine and dopamine drip concentrations. Is there one or are there a bunch of them thanks, Devan

Okay thanks man. also some of the paramedics i have worked with through the fire department have stressed knowing my lidocaine and dopamine drip concentrations. Is there one or are there a bunch of them thanks, Devan

Another good way to study those is to just go to any borders-like book store or community college book store and buy a pharmacology text book... I have found that the ones for nursing students are the most helpful. Also, I had to take a pharmacology course for pre-nursing students and I bought MediQuick cards...they are probably the best study aid I have ever bought! They have not only the mechanism of action of each drug, but they have the dosaging for the medication for both adults and pediatrics, the pregnancy category, indications/contraindications, the 5000 different names, etc...all on a flash card. They are really helpful and can be found at any borders or barnes and noble stores...good lcuk!