What NOT to say to your boss!

Maz

Hi all,

Right I just thought I might start a thread off as last week I kept saying the wrong thing to my boss then the director!

I want to know what you have said out of turn, or it's been taken the wrong way!

Well, it was the secret Santa and my boss put his hat on and then as I was called out first I said are u going to bounce me on your knee?! Then I thought oh my god! I really didn't mean it that way! I just thought that as a kid when I went to see Santa I was obviously sat in his knee. The more I tried to re-write what I said the more I dug a deeper hole.

Then when getting in the life the big cheese (the director) got in the lift with me and he had a smart phone that required you to use a pen to tap the screen. I can't believe what I said! The first thing out my mouth was "I don't like your phone!" I really didn't mean to say that! I could believe it and the way down to the bottom floor the whole lift fell silent and I turned around thinking what an idiot I was meant to say "I don't get along with them phones as I find the pen too much hassle" so as of yet I still am in a job.

Also I was walking past my bosses office and turned around outside his door as I forgot something as I turned around my boss was getting up out of his chair so I instructed him to "stay sat down as I wasn't coming to see him, I had only forgot something and it was nice of him to acknowledge me by standing up"! I was so embarrassed as he said "that he got up as he needed the toilet!"

So, I had a bad week and I need to work on my chat up lines :-) xx

To quote the ol' sheriff, "You in a heap o' trouble, boy!"

(Just looked at profile. Not noted until after posting that the OP is a lady. Line is pre Politically Correct PD)

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Haha that is funny! Well crimbo in three days yuppie! Oh am today I managed to keep my mouth shut!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.