DUI (one too many beers)

Xander

I'm glad I am not the only one who took issue with this and I hope the Kohlerrf spoke wrong.

I know that anywhere I've worked as well as several of my friends who had DUI's on their records were basically uninsurable for several years after the DUI.

I believe the quoted statement above is false.

Completely. I dealt with an insurance company with hiring issues. Unequivocaly false. It will pose a problem up to 5 years later, even if it falls off. Your record will always show the chemical test failure suspension.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hate to tell you, but you will most likely have a difficult time. The one thing that is missing is your age, which is important. If you are under 23 and have major offenses and/or suspensions you can not be hired. Then again, its not much better if you are older as insurance companies view a 32 year old with DUI worse than a 18-21 year old. You should talk to some of the local employers and ask them, but it is difficult to put anyone on that has had a recent DUI. But you can go from EMT school to Paramedic school without getting employed, and by the time you finish all of that, you will be hireable.

echo most above. If you are willing to relocate you might be able to find a job as a non-driving EMT with a BLS service somewhere that uses first responders as drivers... but again the competition right now in EMS is pretty fierce. I agree go work in an ER somewhere until you finish medic school.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.