med math..?

emtcutie

so I just started my emt-i and we are diving into med math. I think i get how it works... but are there any tips to help me better learn it. I get the formula... it's just the actual math that kills me. what did you guys do to help you learn it?

practice, practice, practice....i suck at math but when i took my EMT-CC i had to learn it. My friends all drilled me using different numbers it until i got it.

Really it is not hard.

Use 1 formula and you can find what you need for just about all EMS medications and drips.

Amount of Fluid X Dose X Dripset =

Amount Of Drug Time or 1 1ml

How to use that formula is explained in the math video found at the following site but does cost money:

http://emsbootcamp.com/live/?page_id=53&wlfrom=%2Flive%2F%3Fp%3D62

Here is a site with a good free math download: http://ems-safety.com/

Edited by spenac

You'll be fine! I always threat when it comes to Math, I'm completely useless at anything involving numeracy! Just remember the formulas and don’t panic. I wrote out the formulas on a card which clips onto my lanyard and always carry a calculator, just in case.

Don't fret too much about it. Use the advice of the previous and practice. Spenac spells out the best formula for the drugs. Drip rates are easier. I'm currently instructing my P class in the math formulas, and many have difficulty, but with good, calm approach, it will come you you very easily.

My best advise is to get everything into the 1, 10, 100, 1000 catagories. Master this, and it is a snap.

thanks guys... I think i got it... Im ready to take the test i think next class... I seem to be getting it right i just need to remember to check my math and not rush it... wish me luck :)