looking for new emt's in Florida!

brick

im a new emt in orlando and im looking for emt's around here to help me get started. i dont have any emt friends and i dont know the first place to start. interviews, volunteering, how do i get this ball rolling? thanks-brice

Hi Brice,

I am in S. Florida near Boca Raton. You might want to try AMR in Orlando, Positive Medical Transport in Sebring, or even Lake-Sumter EMS in Lake-Sumter county. Also, Sunstar is popular in the Orlando area as well.

Anymore info just PM me on Twitter @Paramedic_FLA. Good luck!!

David

Hi Brice,

I am in S. Florida near Boca Raton. You might want to try AMR in Orlando, Positive Medical Transport in Sebring, or even Lake-Sumter EMS in Lake-Sumter county. Also, Sunstar is popular in the Orlando area as well.

Anymore info just PM me on Twitter @Paramedic_FLA. Good luck!!

David

thanks thanks thanks

im a new emt in orlando and im looking for emt's around here to help me get started. i dont have any emt friends and i dont know the first place to start. interviews, volunteering, how do i get this ball rolling? thanks-brice

Another place to start - Polk County. They cover the Lakeland Florida area. I don't know if they are hiring but Lakeland isn't a very far drive from Orlando, I drove farther for my job. Plus my weekly commute is 1100 miles long.

But I can probably get you more info on who to talk to at Polk County after September 8th.

Another place to start - Polk County. They cover the Lakeland Florida area. I don't know if they are hiring but Lakeland isn't a very far drive from Orlando, I drove farther for my job. Plus my weekly commute is 1100 miles long.

But I can probably get you more info on who to talk to at Polk County after September 8th.

thanks "4 eyes" , i will check out Polk Cty. i just found out today that in orlando you dont have to be a firefighter to be an EMT for the fire dept. fire fighting is not my goal so i will inquire at fire stations around here first. I also read a lot about volunteering first to get your foot in the door is that usually the case? thanks-Brick

i just found out today that in orlando you dont have to be a firefighter to be an EMT for the fire dept. fire fighting is not my goal so i will inquire at fire stations around here first. I also read a lot about volunteering first

Would love to know where you heard that little gem of completely wrong information. You will NOT be employed, especially in Orlando at a fire department as an EMT only.

Volunteering is almost non existent as well.

Your best bet for a job is to look at inter-facility companies to get your feet wet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.