Hello Everyone

MP-EMT22

Hello everyone in EMT City. This is my first time on the site and I thought I would share a little bit about myself. I am currently a military police officer in the army and just recently returned from Iraq this past June. I was an EMT in Maryland prior to enlisting and hope to go back and get my NREMT-P when I get out. I am really interested in staying involved with current EMT issues and topics and can hopefully stay as informed as possible for when I get back in the gut bucket.

Welcome to the city. If where you are you have time to do class work you might want to contact www.percomonline.com and get your Paramedic done before you get out.

Edited by spenac

Hello. When do you ETS? Any plans in transferring into the guard or reserves? Welcome to the city...good luck.

AM571

I ETS in Oct. of 2012. I have considered transferring to the guard or reserves but I would like to get my paramedic beforehand so I would have a wider scope of practice if reclassed to a 68W. I would also want to use the post 9/11 gi bill while im out so I can utilize the housing stipend which I wouldnt be able to do if I immediately transferred. Thanks

Hello. When do you ETS? Any plans in transferring into the guard or reserves? Welcome to the city...good luck.

AM571

I ETS in Oct. of 2012. I have considered transferring to the guard or reserves but I would like to get my paramedic beforehand so I would have a wider scope of practice if reclassed to a 68W. I would also want to use the post 9/11 gi bill while im out so I can utilize the housing stipend which I wouldnt be able to do if I immediately transferred. Thanks

You wouldn't be able to use the 911 GI Bill if you are in the Guard/Reserves? Not doubting you, but I think I am working off different info.......

Also, check out the programs in what ever state you are ETS'ing to. Most states have their own education programs that can be used in conjuction with your federal benefits. I am not saying you should, but it is worth a look, depending on how much school you need or want.

Once again. good luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.