Hey from the Mississippi Gulf Coast

I started in EMS in Massachusetts in 1975, driving a '66 Cadillac for the Para-Medic Ambulance Service. Nowadays, I'm an Engineer and Medical responder for West Hancock Fire Department in Pearlington MS.

Hey Cap, welcome to the City.

I'm not sure if you've been a lurker or not, but we're grateful to have an old hand around. I'm hoping that when you run into the 'anti fire' comments that you'll do your best to see that though we often are unhappy at the effect of fire on progressive EMS, that there is a difference between firemen, and the fire unions. One we like fine, the other we find pathologic to progressive EMS. See?

Happy to have you brother...

Dwayne

Appreciate the welcome. Nope, not a lurker, I just found the site in the wee hours of the morning while doing some reading. I hear you on the FF/EMS relationship, it's been somewhat screwy since EMS specialized eons ago. I remember all to well the Police reactions when we actually started field treatment bech in the 70's... The old "pick'em up and run" attitude was still strong and ingrained with law enforcement and Firefighting.

I'll post on that thread you mentioned. My Department is volunteer in an area with heavy industrial, rural, interstate traffic... A real mix of things. Add in natural disasters and it gets interesting right quick... I could curl your hair with some of my Katrina stories.

I started in EMS in Massachusetts in 1975, driving a '66 Cadillac for the Para-Medic Ambulance Service. Nowadays, I'm an Engineer and Medical responder for West Hancock Fire Department in Pearlington MS.

Welcome to the city from another old timer- only you got me by a few years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.