Trivia

Junctional ectopic tachycardia. How would volume expansion slow or stop pre-term labor?

Inhibits the release of ADH while at the same time inhibiting the release of oxytocin both of which are released from the posterior pituitary.

And if I'm correct:

This structure's name found on the skeleton is from the Latin for "little vinegar cup".

Edited by jonas salk

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inhibits the release of ADH while at the same time inhibiting the release of oxytocin both of which are released from the posterior pituitary.

And if I'm correct:

This structure's name found on the skeleton is from the Latin for "little vinegar cup".

The Acetabulum, part of the Hip.

Q: The purpose of rotating venous tourniquets?

The Acetabulum, part of the Hip.

Q: The purpose of rotating venous tourniquets?

LOL, Heart failure with Left Ventricular Dysfunction, and Pulmonary Edema.... Very old school and I believe also proven not to be effective.

What are the names of the 4 specialized conduction pathways of the atria?

What are the names of the 4 specialized conduction pathways of the atria?

Had to look it up. Apparently the existence of these is still controversial, but the previous theory (that conduction between the SA and AV node propagates through a homogeneous field of myocytes) does not explain the unusually rapid speed at which signals arrive at the AV node. The AHA identifies four "internodal tracts:" the sinoatrial, anterior, middle and posterior.

According to recent research (released this month- Ann Emerg Med), what 3 factors were previously regarded as risks for venous thromboembolism ("implicit" risks), but were found to have no predictive value? Extra credit: list 5 of the top 17 risks for venous thromboembolism (same article).

Edited by fiznat

Had to look it up. Apparently the existence of these is still controversial, but the previous theory (that conduction between the SA and AV node propagates through a homogeneous field of myocytes) does not explain the unusually rapid speed at which signals arrive at the AV node. The AHA identifies four "internodal tracts:" the sinoatrial, anterior, middle and posterior.

According to recent research (released this month- Ann Emerg Med), what 3 factors were previously regarded as risks for venous thromboembolism ("implicit" risks), but were found to have no predictive value? Extra credit: list 5 of the top 17 risks for venous thromboembolism (same article).

Hello,

Hmmmm...no access to my work account to look up the Journal. So, I will guess...

Virchow's Triad has no predictive value?

Hello,

Hmmmm...no access to my work account to look up the Journal. So, I will guess...

Virchow's Triad has no predictive value?

I actually asked questions that are answered in the article's abstract, which is available for free. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.