Privatization

paraloco

My city is considering privatizing EMS to save money. Anybody here know of a city service in Texas, with TMRS retirement, or a county service that I can roll my retirement into? That is hiring? Not gonna be left without a chair when the music stops, and I'm not working for a private.

My city is considering privatizing EMS to save money. Anybody here know of a city service in Texas, with TMRS retirement, or a county service that I can roll my retirement into? That is hiring? Not gonna be left without a chair when the music stops, and I'm not working for a private.

If Acadian is the Private you might want to consider going with them. They are a well ran company and have a good retirement plan/ESOP. We had a 25% increase in value last year.

Damn shame. I don't know what area you are in, but for many areas- especially larger cities- privitization does not save money for anyone, and it's simply not cost effective for the company to assume the debt all the self insured and government assistance folks cause.

Good luck in your search. I hope they come to their senses.