interview

sacemt

So Friday I have my first interview and I know the basics like wear nice attire,talk in a professional manner and do not use words such as uh,umm,and like, also be nice and friendly,make sure I have a copy of my resume and certs and such but what other tips can you give me to assure success, also does anyone know how much event medical emt's(basics)in california make?

So Friday I have my first interview and I know the basics like wear nice attire,talk in a professional manner and do not use words such as uh,umm,and like, also be nice and friendly,make sure I have a copy of my resume and certs and such but what other tips can you give me to assure success, also does anyone know how much event medical emt's(basics)in california make?

Do not lie

don't relate stories of your heroism or valor or whatever. Theyve been there and seen much more than you have.

Be forthright but don't talk more than necessary. Some poeple like myself and others I've interviewed tend to talk more about the question than is necessary. If you see the interviewers eyes glaze over that's a good indication you've talked to long.

NEVER NEVER NEVER interrupt the interviewer with your answer.

And finally, the first question that the interviewer will ask you will most likely be the make or break question. You either get the job or you don't based on most first questions.

One other thing, when you get there, engage the secretary or whoever is there that makes the call back saying you are there for your interview, engage them in conversation because sometimes those people in the front office are there to observe you and how you act before your interview.

Absolutely DO NOT Hit on the receptionist. That's a make or break thing. Hit on her or him then you are out.

Be prepared to be ran through your skills. This basically includes all the national registry stuff, BSI, scene safe, etc. Many times places use this somewhere in their process to weed out the unprepared.

Good Luck