Getting ready to test

speedygodzilla

Hey all,

I have been a member here for sometime. I don't say much but I do try to read the fourms a bit here in there. My last year of life has been extremly busy with either work or school. I am a EMT soon hoping to be a Paramedic. I am taking my skills test this weekend and am feeling a bit nervous. Just thought I would say hi and try to write my nerves out. I will keep you all posted on when I get my medic.

If anyone has advice on how to get rid of these nerves that would be great, and no I don't want to take any pills lol. I have studied a lot and feel ready for the most part but knowing that all you have to do is miss one thing and you fail really makes me worried. I plan on giving it my best, and hope to be contributing more to the fourms as a Paramedic soon.

Thanks All

Nathan Johnson

Hey all,

I have been a member here for sometime. I don't say much but I do try to read the fourms a bit here in there. My last year of life has been extremly busy with either work or school. I am a EMT soon hoping to be a Paramedic. I am taking my skills test this weekend and am feeling a bit nervous. Just thought I would say hi and try to write my nerves out. I will keep you all posted on when I get my medic.

If anyone has advice on how to get rid of these nerves that would be great, and no I don't want to take any pills lol. I have studied a lot and feel ready for the most part but knowing that all you have to do is miss one thing and you fail really makes me worried. I plan on giving it my best, and hope to be contributing more to the fourms as a Paramedic soon.

Thanks All

Nathan Johnson

Good luck. It is not as hard as you or your mind makes it out to be. Just remember your training. and if all else fails remember the basics BSI/PPE, SCENE SAFE... yada yaa yada. But in the statics remember your rules to determine your rhythm and be sure. the ones i had was v-tach with a pulse, aystole, brady, and wpw.. and they had put my statices in with my dynamic. don't over think you orals boards they are easy they really are, don't add anything into them. Use your differential diagnosis and remember to treat stuff pretty quick be fairly aggressive in treatments. Good luck let me know how you did..

fireflightmedic1@gmail.com

Tony Peace

Take a deep breath Speedy!

You know your material, rely on it!

Leave the books alone the night before, you'll only end up confusing yourself.

Do NOT 'read into your questions'! Take them at face value. All the information you need will be presented to you.

By now, you've developed a certain 'rhythm' of patient assessment. Stick to it, and do it 'one step at a time'. Even if the station is 'timed', you'll have PLENTY of time to complete the tasks at hand.

From what I've seen about the 'oral boards', ask questions, get your information and take notes if you need them.

Above all else, remember this, the proctors are not out to fail you. They're only there to observe what you know; and by your own admission, you know your material (refer back to the first line after the greeting).

Good luck, buddy! Be sure to let us know how you fared!

LS

Congratulations on the pass!

Do you have experience with the NREMT testing?

I found out that the test will shake your 'self confidence', but isn't an indication that you've failed.

I took the NREMT at the EMT-I level, and walked out wondering if I really knew anything at all. I found out the next day that I passed.

The biggest thing I've seen people do with the NR testing is they freak out because the test is on a computer. The testing medium doesn't change the content of the test itelf.

Congratulations on the pass!

Do you have experience with the NREMT testing?

I found out that the test will shake your 'self confidence', but isn't an indication that you've failed.

I took the NREMT at the EMT-I level, and walked out wondering if I really knew anything at all. I found out the next day that I passed.

The biggest thing I've seen people do with the NR testing is they freak out because the test is on a computer. The testing medium doesn't change the content of the test itelf.

Thanks!

Yes I have experience with the NREMT testing. I am NR EMT-B and took my test the first year they went to the computer based, 2007 I think. There is a lot I need to do in these next few weeks. I did leave the EMT-B test thinking :wtf2: