Pre-admissions test for Humber and Niagara college

entity

Hi,

I have some upcoming pre-admissions tests for the Paramedicine programs at Humber and Niagara college. Is there anyone here who has done said tests already and is able to tell me what I can expect? I've been out of HS and Univ for 2 years so I don't necessarily rememeber too much of what I had learned. Humber's website had a sample Math test which I found extremely easy, but there are no practice tests for the biology or chemistry content. I had called Niagara College's admissions number but they essentially told me that there was nothing they could suggest that I prepare for.

Hope someone can guide me in the right direction as to what to study.

Thanks,

Avin

I wrote Humber's test three years ago now and was successful (though I ended up going elsewhere). I honestly don't remember much about the bio or chem parts. What i do remember was that they were both pretty straight forward. In the bio section several the questions were based on information they give you (ie: look at this graph and answer questions). It wasn't anything too complex. The chem was basic grade 11 level chemistry, basics like dalton's law of partial pressures and so forth.

With the math, I do remember that the fast majority of the questions were on fractions, and that they didn't want you to use a scientific calculator during the test. I did, and no one said anything lol.

I wrote Humber's test three years ago now and was successful (though I ended up going elsewhere). I honestly don't remember much about the bio or chem parts. What i do remember was that they were both pretty straight forward. In the bio section several the questions were based on information they give you (ie: look at this graph and answer questions). It wasn't anything too complex. The chem was basic grade 11 level chemistry, basics like dalton's law of partial pressures and so forth.

With the math, I do remember that the fast majority of the questions were on fractions, and that they didn't want you to use a scientific calculator during the test. I did, and no one said anything lol.

Thanks.

Just did a quick search to find out what Dalton's Law of Partial Pressures was.. knew the theory but didn't know of it by name.. guess there will be quite a bit to review

Damn, where is HammerPCP when we need her?

She graduated from both of those college programmes.

Graduated from BOTH programs? or from both colleges but different programs?

I probably should have asked for info a lot earlier :D

The test for Niagara College is tommorrow and in early March for Humber.

Gotta love Centennial College for accepting me without any admissions tests!

6 more months to go. Can't wait to get back into the academic environment.

She went to Humber for PCP and Niagara for ACP. I haven't talked to her in awhile though.

Ahem: HammerACP ?

Yea go get all edjumicated and drop us like a hot potato !

Yea go get all edjumicated and drop us like a hot potato !

"Us"? Ahem.... ! :innocent:

Edited by Dustdevil