Info about uniforms

raiker

Hello guys,

I'm an italian EMT ( so i'm sorry if my english isn't right at all), and my hobby is to collect uniforms, jacket, t-shirts of EMT's from all over the world.

Do you know if there in the USA there is somewhere i can buy those kind of cast-off dresses??

I'm looking above all for jackets from FDNY and California :)

thanks in advice guys,

you're great!

Hello guys,

I'm an italian EMT ( so i'm sorry if my english isn't right at all), and my hobby is to collect uniforms, jacket, t-shirts of EMT's from all over the world.

Do you know if there in the USA there is somewhere i can buy those kind of cast-off dresses??

I'm looking above all for jackets from FDNY and California :)

thanks in advice guys,

you're great!

You will find that, since 9/11, uniforms are a little harder to get. Especially for someone overseas. You can get the uniforms easy enough, but the patches, t-shirts, etc will probably be fairly difficult if not impossible.

Unfortunately, poster Steve Owens has the right idea. After 9-11, FDNY work uniforms are only available from our quartermaster, and after presenting proper documentation that you are authorized to be in the uniform. T-Shirts, pins, badges, and individual patches might be available from private parties, or on E-Bay. I must mention an incident happened after 9-11. Some guy bought, on line, an FDNY "Turnout" coat, set a fire designed to give off a lot of smoke, and in the confusion in the building from the alarm, kidnapped a woman and raped her repeatedly over several days before she escaped him, and went to the NYPD. The Law Enforcement Officers caught up with the guy a few days later, arrested and extradited him back to New York City, where, late last year, he was convicted and put in prison.

However...

There are stores that sell commemorative stuff that is notable as close but not obviously actual uniform items. Some of the items are worn in addition to assigned uniform, like some "workshirts", a type of sweatshirt. Such can be obtained on line at http://www.firezonestore.org/.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

• 2 weeks later...
T-Shirts, pins, badges, and individual patches might be available from private parties, or on E-Bay. . Some guy bought, on line, an FDNY "Turnout" coat, set a fire designed to give off a lot of smoke, and in the confusion in the building from the alarm, kidnapped a woman and raped her repeatedly over several days before she escaped him

I sold stuff on Evilpay for a decade. I am not surprised. Buy your stuff on Ebay if you must but don't use it for evil, mmKay?