Discouraged

Just Plain Ruff

ok, I've been out of Full time work since November. Of course I've done some part time EMS work and also some occasional consulting work. The opportunity in Abu Dhabi is either not going to happen or it will be a few months down the road.

Each opportunity that presents itself seems to blow up in my face and each of the opportunities that I've lost says that there were higher qualified candidates or they are delaying the start of the project. That's all well and good but I need a freaking job now.

I am stuck with the possibility of having to relocate to get a job and to sell my house would be an impossibility in this market right now.

So I'm in a quandry and I don't know what else to do but keep on keeping on and applying but this is really starting to wear on me.

So if anyone knows of good places to live in the Philly area, the Lake Mary area, the phoenix area or the Plano Texas area I'm all ears.

I don't have national registry so I'm kind of forced out of working in a registry state. I don't knwo what states are non-registry. For those who don't know what I mean, I need a state that doesn't require the registry racket to get a license in their state.

I'm getting to the point where I'm at my whits END.

Unemployment and get that registry? Just a thought.... I've driven 100 miles one way on a day truck to work before. It sucked but I got the money together to do what needed to be done. Of course I keep threatening to go be the Wal-Mart greeter--"Get your sh-t and get out"--LOL. Good luck !! SC requires registry--just saw that post.

Edited by carolinagrl

Ruff,

NC does not require NR. The reciprocity process is fairly uncomplicated. SC does require registry, however, according to their website, if you can get sponsorship from a EMS service there, you can get an SC license but must obtain NR within a year.

Here are a few links to aid you.

http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/EMS/resopros.htm

http://www.scdhec.gov/health/ems/ReciprocityGuidelines.pdf

Good luck Micheal. Keep you chin up friend.

Jake

Ruff,

Sorry to hear that. Texas is NR but not required. Might check with Granbury EMS http://www.granburyhoodems.com/

They seem like good people when I did ride outs there. It's about 80 miles west of Plano. Plus it's close to the home of real Dr Pepper. :thumbsup:

PM or email me if you want more information on way out west Texas.

Sorry you're in a touch patch right now, Ruff. The problem with moving is the local economies in most places are probably no better than where you are now, not to mention cost of living is ridiculous in many places- especially to the north. Couple that with starting pay at many companies would make it tough to make ends meet. I'd hate to be starting out in this business now, knowing what entry level pay is and the cost of living. Yes, jobs with municipalities pay well, but even those are not hiring these days.

Keep hunting- something will turn up.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The same thing is happening over here on the west coast. The job market is saturated and almost nobody is adding full time medics. Since I'm full time and going to school right now I've been giving away some of my shifts to some of our newer medics who are struggling to make ends meet and can't get a full time position.

Good luck with your search. If you keep trying, you'll get something. I was out of work for about 10 months in 2006 and just like a door opening I was swept into a great full time position.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The same thing is happening over here on the west coast. The job market is saturated and almost nobody is adding full time medics. Since I'm full time and going to school right now I've been giving away some of my shifts to some of our newer medics who are struggling to make ends meet and can't get a full time position.

Good luck with your search. If you keep trying, you'll get something. I was out of work for about 10 months in 2006 and just like a door opening I was swept into a great full time position.

Too bad, we just hired two weeks ago. We are not a registry state (Idaho) , though having your registry makes it Soooo much easier. I for one do not believe its a racket, BTW, but thats another discussion for another time.