Ronin Remote Medic Training - South Africa

Jems

there's big questions about whether the Paramedic courses Ronin run are HPC eligible as discussed above ..

Not directly as I understand it - you have to go via the International Equivalency Route. The question one has to ask though - how many of the people that passed the Ronin Para Course did NOT get HPC registration going via the International Equivalency Route? I believe none....

And what happens in the International Equivalency Route - HPC compares YOUR qualification (done at Ronin) to the UK Qualification and Outcomes. Now if Ronin issues you with an Edexcel UK Paramedic Certificate (having fulfilled all the UK Outcomes incl. Module J) - HPC has to compare THAT certificate with the one that people get having done a UK course - guess what? It is the same!

Just my ten cents :-)

Not to side track but when is the IHCD Paramedic award set to die in the UK?

Our equivalent, the "old" National Diploma (Paramedic) expires next year here.

not yet, but each organisation offering it has to be HPC approved rather than the fact it's IHCD being good enough, this is where some of the issues with courses delivered outside the UK comes from, aside from the issues that HPCSA have with students not on a SA course practicing in in SA.

...aside from the issues that HPCSA have with students not on a SA course practicing in in SA.

Beggars can't be choosers.

HPC is just racist. That's why they won't recognise Ronin.

I have no forst hand knowledge of Ronin's quality or reputation, but they have a great concept going there, providing care to an otherwise underserved population, which in turn provides for a clinical experience second to none. I gave serious thought to doing something similar in Mexico, and wish I had.

Edited by Dustdevil

aside from the issues that HPCSA have with students not on a SA course practicing in in SA.

I believe that has been resolved in court as you can see on the Ronin Website..... HPCSA realised that they are not the only ones governing Patient Care but that the Maritime Legislation also allows, in fact STIPULATES, that students "practise in SA"