NREMT-I online?

wanderintom

There is a place in Ohio that does the I 99 online, but then you have to go there and do your clinical time there. I also know TN is looking at doing a boot camp idea there where you just go for 2 weeks and do the transition course they provide (since they no longer recognize basics) GA I know does a similar advanced skills things at certain sites but it's been a bit since I've looked into it. I know they still recognize the basic EMT down there for certain things and will let you come down with national registry as a basic, but you must transition to the I 85 to work. You might try one of the accelerated transition courses like that but as far as an actual intermediate class I don't know of one.

Here is one option, but i know nothing about them or their reputation only that it's offered

http://www.prlog.org/10183529-percom-launches-emt-intermediate-online-course.html

Edited by fireflymedic

Percom (the link that Firefly gave you) is reputable. So is http://www.techproservices.net/ . Both will require some on-location time for clinicals and testing though. There is no such thing as a totally online class.

Why on earth would this even interest you if it is not accepted in your state? Even in states where it is accepted, it's useless. That's the reason it's not accepted there. If you're going to advance, then advance. Go for paramedic. Half-stepping is a very poor choice.

Good luck.

Edited by Dustdevil

Im seeking this level of certification for two reasons: one, its required for employment by Triple Canopy; Im not a Special Ops medic, so I need the EMT-I cert to be considered. Two, its much faster than the paramedic program. When I complete my contract I plan to attend nursing school so the paramedic program would be out anyway.

Thank you for the links, I will check them out. Ive had a hard time locating resources.

Why on earth would this even interest you if it is not accepted in your state? Even in states where it is accepted, it's useless. That's the reason it's not accepted there. If you're going to advance, then advance. Go for paramedic. Half-stepping is a very poor choice.

I agree with 'Da Duster". If you're going this far, go all the way. From my recollection, I am not sure if the Registry is even going to offer this exam anymore. Unknown if your state will offer this level. You would be more useful as a Paramedic than the 99I.

Im seeking this level of certification for two reasons: one, its required for employment by Triple Canopy; Im not a Special Ops medic, so I need the EMT-I cert to be considered. Two, its much faster than the paramedic program. When I complete my contract I plan to attend nursing school so the paramedic program would be out anyway.

Ah! That makes a little more sense then. However, as one who has spent a goodly amount of time in Iraq, and interacted some with Triple Canopy, I'd be extremely disappointed if they sent a team out with a medic who had nothing more than an online EMT-I cert, and no serious experience to back it up. Would you really want to be a shooter on that team? Think about it.

To add more to the words of Dust, TC is known for hiring almost exclusively ex military (SF types), so unless you already fit in the category and just lack the medical aspect, you will have a difficult time being recruited.

And to seriously reiterate what Dust said...who would want to be on your team with you as the medic who got it the quickest and easiest way? This is no place to cut your teeth and get practice, this is the place where when it needs to be done, it needs to be done with no hesitation, guess work or inexperience.

Good Luck!

training division based out in texas used to have the program. I believe the min required hours was increasing. with that said, im not sure if they discontinued the program temp to adjust their curriculum . I know you would have to go there for boot camp and do the ride time and clinical times.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.