Involved in EMS Changes

How active/participation are you in EMS changes ?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• I am active in local EMS regulations & associations (grass root level)
    • I am active at a National Level Association, participate on committees
    • I am not a member of an association, but I support asociations by writing lawmakers, money, etc.
    • I do nothing, I do not have the time, the money, I'll let someone else do it for now
    • I don't know how or where to get involved

I think it important to keep up to date with legislation and to inform the politicians that I have elected how I feel on the matter and how it would affect our services. Luckily the reps in my area are very big supporters of the emergency services.

I think people stop their choice in how govt operates when they vote, IF they vote, that's another issue. As a veteran its important to due my part as a citizen, others have died to give me that right.

If someones complains about how things are done, they should not do it unless they willingly make their opinion known to those in power.

For those who do not where or how to get involved I have linked several sites to help you become active in YOUR profession. Some of these have multiple links so look for listing of additional links. Are you aware there was an association of female Paramedics ?.......

Take time look at them.. choose wisely, look at local & see what is happening in your own area.. good luck & Get Involved !

www.jems.com/jems/resstate.html

www.nremt.org

www.nasemsd.org

www.naemt.org

www.naemse.org

www.rescuehouse.com/links/EMS/Organizations/

www.jems.com/jems/2004resources/emsorgs.html

www.wisconsinems.com/links.htm

www.advocatesforems.org/

Professionally,

Ridryder 911

Most states have some type of association that you can join to help with EMS changes. I am on the board for KEMTA(Kansas Emergency Medical Technicians Association), we have a Legislative Liason to represent our members to get things changed.I go to region meetings now to see what is going on around us here. I don't know how the rest of the states work as far as regions or whatever. Talk to your state board of EMS to find out. There is a lot going on nationally with the whole Scope of Practice, and the debate as to where EMS should be located. If nothing else talk to your EMS director, he/she should know.

Thanks for the links Rid, posted them on my yahoo group.

I am editing this to add that there are two groups in Kansas that represent EMTS/EMS. there is KEMTA and KEMSA. Both are good groups that are working to make EMS better in Kansas.Am headed to the KEMSA conference next weekend.

www.kemta.com and www.kemsa.org

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.