H1N1 CONFLICTING INFORMATION

O.K. So my daughter had the H1N1, or so we think. 104.5 temp, all the other signs, went to Dr. tested postive for Influenza, but because the H1N1 test cost $300. they only thested for Influenza. And their Dx was Becasue to the signs/symptoms, time she had it, early Oct. it was most likely H1N1.

So our Pediatican says, she has already been exposed, she does not need he shot/spray, while the Local Health Dept, sas she should still be vacinated.

PHYSICIANS on this site , please give me your opinion, pros cons, etc. Also can she get the live nasal, or only the shot ???..... she is 9 with not underlying health issues.

Thanks

I just got over this, or what I would highly suspect was the swine flu. I was sick for 10 days with all the symptoms, but told not to come into the doctors. Not much they can do, only treat the symptoms which I can do myself. Nasty shit.

Anyway, I was wondering if I still should get a shot. Am I immune now? Also interesting- there seems to be confusion about the length of time this virus can live on a surface. A friend of mine was told it was 48 hrs!!! Unheard of. We would all be goners. I talked to a guy at the CDC, who stated it was 2-8 hrs.

Wash your hands!!!

I understand you are looking for MD/DO guidance, however I read this storyfrom CBS News today, on Drudge that actually talks about your concerns. You might check it out.

In brief it discusses the choice of the CDC to end testing for H1N1 and how that has possibly lead to an increase in self diagnosed H1N1. It goes on to say people that truly had H1N1 may get the vaccination anyway, and not only waste a dose, but expose themselves to greater risk.

Edited by brentoli

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.