Gettin my foot in the door

PAEMT87

Well im a little more than half way through my emt class and really tryin to get my butt on an ambulance even if it's just one day a week so i can start gettin some real world experience. It doesnt seem to be going to good so far im assumeing cuz i dont have for my certification yet but i really wanna start running, anybody got any tips on getting through the door?

Try all the agencies in your area even if you have to do the volly thing first, it will get your foot in the door of EMS. Then you can keep trying all the paid agencies in your area. Best thing is to keep trying eventually it will happen. You may have to put in more than one application keep going back let them know you are interested. Confidence is the name of the game in EMS.

Where are you from in Pennsylvania? If you don't want to say which county, just say North West, South West, North Central, South Central, North East, South East... And I can probably help you.

thanks for the offer but i kept at it and i just got in at central pocono in tannersville i live in monroe county in northeastern pa i start weds nite

Try all the agencies in your area even if you have to do the volly thing first, it will get your foot in the door of EMS. Then you can keep trying all the paid agencies in your area. Best thing is to keep trying eventually it will happen. You may have to put in more than one application keep going back let them know you are interested. Confidence is the name of the game in EMS.

thanks for the advice i kept at it and got in!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.