Hello.

EMT Fan15

Hello, I'm Cynthia, I am 15, and I have a few friends who are either EMS's, Fire Fighter's, or EMT's/Paramedics. I talked to a few of them, about their job, and they told me its a fun field. I'm a freshman in Highschool, and I'm enrolling into a Club, called "Sports Medicine", inquiring to grab students who want to attend into a Medical Health career. For me, I want to be an EMT, not only because I like to help people, but aswell, for my own safety. I'm a very accident prone teen age girl. I was wondering if you had any tips or heads up on the field. Much appriciated, thank you.

Welcome.

Be sure and get a great education. Take advanced science classes. Make sure and get college level A&P 1&2 ASAP. Go straight to a Paramedic degree program, many now include basic during 1st semester.

Make sure you get and stay in shape. Avoid sex, drugs, drinking, etc.

Welcome.

Be sure and get a great education. Take advanced science classes. Make sure and get college level A&P 1&2 ASAP. Go straight to a Paramedic degree program, many now include basic during 1st semester.

Make sure you get and stay in shape. Avoid sex, drugs, drinking, etc.

Alrighty. Thank you. All I do is Smoke Cigarettes. Why? I don't know, I have alot of family problems, especially with drunk abuse with Mom's boyfriend.

Alrighty. Thank you. All I do is Smoke Cigarettes. Why? I don't know, I have alot of family problems, especially with drunk abuse with Mom's boyfriend.

You need to seek help with that. Talk to a school counselor. Get those issues dealt with so you don't carry that baggage around the rest of your life.

You need to seek help with that. Talk to a school counselor. Get those issues dealt with so you don't carry that baggage around the rest of your life.

Yeah, I know. Although I really don't like seeking help from Counslers and whatnot.Heck, I hate going to hospitals for injuries, which i don't, I normally just talk to my EMT Friends. The only TRUE counsler I have, I'd have to say, is my best friend who is an EMT, Mykel.

Yeah, I know. Although I really don't like seeking help from Counslers and whatnot.Heck, I hate going to hospitals for injuries, which i don't, I normally just talk to my EMT Friends. The only TRUE counsler I have, I'd have to say, is my best friend who is an EMT, Mykel.

If you are being abused and mykel is not helping you by reporting the abuse mykel is not a real friend. Get help then decide what to do with your future.

If you are being abused and mykel is not helping you by reporting the abuse mykel is not a real friend. Get help then decide what to do with your future.

Mykel prevents it from happening, everytime something goes down, he picks me up from the house. I just resolve it by not seeing her Boyfriend.

Mykel prevents it from happening, everytime something goes down, he picks me up from the house. I just resolve it by not seeing her Boyfriend.

Be careful and make sure mykel is not just taking advantage of you. He is legally obligated to report the abuse.

Be careful and make sure mykel is not just taking advantage of you. He is legally obligated to report the abuse.

Okay, I do, and will continue. It hasn't been recently though, luckily- Last time something happened that was pretty bad- Was Christmas Day Evening- He owns a pair of Handcuffs, and he put them around my wrists really tightly-practically sprained my wrist, and he was Drunk. But, now, things are going alot more smoothe, and I don't deal with him alot- I live with my father.

Hello, I'm Cynthia, I am 15, and I have a few friends who are either EMS's, Fire Fighter's, or EMT's/Paramedics. I talked to a few of them, about their job, and they told me its a fun field. I'm a freshman in Highschool, and I'm enrolling into a Club, called "Sports Medicine", inquiring to grab students who want to attend into a Medical Health career. For me, I want to be an EMT, not only because I like to help people, but aswell, for my own safety. I'm a very accident prone teen age girl. I was wondering if you had any tips or heads up on the field. Much appriciated, thank you.

Wear a helmet.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.