New Virginia EMT-B here

2Rude4MyOwnGood

Just wanted to introduce myself to the boards.

I live in Northern Virginia and recently passed my EMT-B state test. Ill be looking for work in the next few weeks but havent yet decided which county id like to work in.

Ive spent the last 7 years working as a bartender, but decided that i wanted to do something a bit more fulfilling with my life. Long term, id like to become a paramedic, but im looking forward to getting some experience as an EMT first.

I live in Northern Virginia and recently passed my EMT-B state test. Ill be looking for work in the next few weeks but havent yet decided which county id like to work in.

Ive spent the last 7 years working as a bartender, but decided that i wanted to do something a bit more fulfilling with my life. Long term, id like to become a paramedic, but im looking forward to getting some experience as an EMT first.

Congratulations!! I'm a new EMT-I in Georgia!!! My plan also is to become a Paramedic, and eventually I'd working towards the goal of becomming a Flight-Medic.... Just wanted to stop by and say Congrats. are you going to go ahead and become an intermediate? Good luck on your job search. Take care.

Congratulations!! I'm a new EMT-I in Georgia!!! My plan also is to become a Paramedic, and eventually I'd working towards the goal of becomming a Flight-Medic.... Just wanted to stop by and say Congrats. are you going to go ahead and become an intermediate? Good luck on your job search. Take care.

The EMT-I is basically being phased out in Northern VA, they really only want medics these days. Fairfax county, where i will most likely be working, is moving towards all ALS units. So once i get some experience im hoping to get the county to pay for me to go to medic school.

Good luck to you too buddy!

Greetings-good luck with the job search and emt/medic.

Thanks guys!

Looks like getting a volunteer job is going to be harder than expected. I emailed a few stations near me and they dont seem to want to hire somebody who wants to do this as a career. I assume they dont want to invest a ton of money in training me, only for me to leave once ive finished medic school.

Any of you guys/gals have any advice for trying to land a gig?

Welcome all new people. If you are a basic it is time to start on your Paramedic. There is no benefit to waiting.

Id like to get started as soon as i can, the semester already started last week though so ill prob wait until next term. Im going to have to apply for financial aid and what not too unless i can convince the county to pay for me!

• 1 year later...

im working on recertifing for Va EMS i passed my Writen & random & i was wondering if any Va EMTs Could help w scenerios

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.