Police officer hit by drunk driver

Brady

officer hit

So the officer is a great friend of mine. The man is going to get off because of the prossecuter. He has 12 DUI's and 11 of them have been dismissed. When they finally got the guy he had pulled into his driveway and was passed out with two bare rims. The driver never once went over the line driving until he was to Greg and then swerved and hit him. I'm glad Greg is ok, but something should be done in this country. I live in a small town and this is happening I can only imagine all over the country.

As I commented directly to the article,

If I understand the article correctly, he swerved to deliberately hit the cop.

I do not know either the accused or the cop, and I am in another state.

Because he swerved, as I see it, this Mr. Farmer should be tried and convicted of attempted vehicular homicide. If the state laws allow for such, go for attempted murder of a law enforcement officer.

Mr. Farmer should consider himself lucky, that the other officers only arrested him, and didn't attempt any vengence, which while I wouldn't condone such conduct, I would at least understand.

Please tell your friend the cop that get well wishes are extend from as far away as the patrol area of the 100th precinct of the NYPD, Rockaway Beach, where I live.

As I commented directly to the article,

Please tell your friend the cop that get well wishes are extend from as far away as the patrol area of the 100th precinct of the NYPD, Rockaway Beach, where I live.

Thanks I'll let him know. He will think that is awesome. And I will keep an update as to what the guy gets. I just found out today that his dad is an x-trooper. That might be the contributing fact to why he has so many tickets and so many let offs.

I just found out today that his dad is an x-trooper. That might be the contributing fact to why he has so many tickets and so many let offs.
It sounds like you're implying that "Father Trooper" gave this Mr. Farmer tickets, and Farmer retaliated by attempting vehicular homicide of a LEO on "Trooper Jr."

Are you?