Hello everyone

amarant00

First off just want to say hello to everyone.

I am a 22 year old(almost 23..), married to the love of my life. We have a 19 month old son. Well anyways, I came searching for a site like this. Last December, on my son's 1st birthday, I was laid off my job working for a power company. After months of putting it off, I finally have the perfect situation to go back to school. So I am seriously considering going to my local technical college to become an EMT. My brother and I have both decided that we think that we want to do, today we applied but since it is 2 months away the program is still not set in stone but I decided today that I better put the brakes on and talk to some people with actual experience and find out what it is going to be like. So hopefully the search tool will help me. Other random things about me, I enjoy many outdoors activities from hiking to hunting, baseball, football, and about any form of auto racing. Anyways, hope my experiences will be good.

Welcome to the CITY and I am sure if you ask specific questions anyone here will be more than happy to supply you with the answers. But if you do decide to do this dont stop at EMT B keep going go for medic.

Can you direct me to a correct thread. I am looking over them and can't really decide which category my questions should go in.

IF its a direct EMS question it can go in EMS discussions. If its more of the personal nature you can always put it in the personal side. If its not ems related then non=EMS discussions is a good place for it. Dont worry if you get it in the wrong place one of the Mods will fix that for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.