AMR takeover

I currently live in MI- i agree with what Lone Star had to say. Plus alot of the AMR medics in our araea were lazy.

I have met a lot of medics and EMT's from AMR who were lazy. I've worked in other systems where they came from AMR to work for us and we've had to break a lot of bad habits. for example - entering a house with just the med bag when the call was for shortness of breath or chest pain. Going on a fall at a nursing home and going in with only the cot.

I've also had medics from AMR who would not do anything on scene because they could get to the hospital faster and clear to run that elusive "big call" and patients would come in with a hip fracture or a pelvic fracture and not have an IV and not have had any pain meds.

Of course I've worked in many services NOT AMR, where the medics were just as lazy.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.