Waaah Waaah Waah NJ EMS Vollys Whining Again

spenac

Proper care? Paid EMT, Volly EMT.. Same training. Who does it better is just a matter of personal opinion.

Spenac didn't say they'd get paid EMTs. He said they'd get proper care.

No EMT is "proper care", paid or not. He's talking about paramedics.

I don't understand the reason for the caption of the NJ emts Whinning. Yeah I think some may be over the top but who wouldn't be when

they are compassionant about something. These people that are upset about the Training Fund is very understandable but maybe some have

gone about it a little wrong. But NJ always finds the funds for what they want to do, you need to understand NJ politics and I hate to talk Politics. There is funding for policeman to be put on an extra 2 weeks to a month of overtime for each officer to sit out on the streets and pull us free citizens over because we aren't wearing our seat belts (because we need the government to protect us in the no state of nj)

Last week there was another funding for the police to sit out on the streets and check for cell phone usage while driving, seat belts on, and inspection stickers valid. Overtime for each officer! They go to any school for free and get paid. They need to keep us free citizens in line!

Don't get me wrong I totally believe in seat belts and I would wear my motor cycle helmet regardless of the law it's the fact that we have policemen in the middle of the road at night stepping out to catch you, give you a ticket and boom there is our training fund but the training fund has gone to ot! I have the deepest respect for any policeman anywhere, doing any type of job. I have two brothers that are both high up in the force, one here in my home town he's asst chief and my other brother is up there as a state policeman in md.

But I also have a brother in politics in my town thats also involved in running the ems, fire and police and the politics in this town are crazy nuts and I can complain because I voted. That is what was said to me is that you can't complain because they got voted in, WHAT just because certain people are in control don't mean that everyone voted for them! Joining the fire dept and amb squads together is the craziest idea we still need the training fund. They tell us that the tolls are to maintain the roads. Try riding around certain roads and see where the tolls go, not to the roads that's for sure. But I do believe that they could try and take a closer look at their budget and find some money for the fund. Most people can hardly afford to live but they want to volunteer and it does get costly to recert.

The training fund means nothing to me one way or the other we bill so therefore we aren't able to use it. So make it clear I'm not whining I'm just stating some facts that I have become privy to. I don't think threatening to quit is the answer, but try some other way to help pay then, maybe fund raising. A car wash your family can even get involved so if you're on duty sat set the car wash for that day.

I have to say my town has still been very good helping the emts with classes regardless of us not being able to use the NJ training fund.

There are a lot of hard working by that I mean volunteering emts in NJ and the fact of grouping everyone into the whining was offensive.

Just thought Id stand up for the non whining NJ emts.

2wheelie :rolleyes:

It is a good read into city budgeting without regards to your beliefs in fire based EMS.

Umm when did I say I believed in fire based EMS? In fact I oppose fire based EMS even more than I oppose have people giving EMS away for free.

And yes no service is immune during these bad economic times. But again if you already have all the equipment and the building etc for the vollys it really doesn't take much more to pay the salary's of a Paramedic crew.

Umm when did I say I believed in fire based EMS? In fact I oppose fire based EMS even more than I oppose have people giving EMS away for free.

And yes no service is immune during these bad economic times. But again if you already have all the equipment and the building etc for the vollys it really doesn't take much more to pay the salary's of a Paramedic crew.

The point about the article in question is not a look into fire based or nor but rather into city management. The equipment is by no means the big expense in any emergency services because they may need replacing but not right away and all at once but wages and compensation is comprising the lions share of the budget. Even at MCD rates its still there largest outlay and we hope the would pay more for EMS

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.