Doctors Ambulance service

Odd ball names are typical of the Ambulance Service industry. Just like product advertising. Pre 9-1-1, you either got which ever one the operator favored, or had to look it up in the phone book. Low rates, creative names, colors that trigger memory, etc. are all selling points. Often the name reflected a service they offered. An instance comes to mind, an ambulance service from New York State. Oxygen Ambulance Service. Not only did they offer a ride to the hospital, in an oxygen equipped ambulance, but they sold it as well. This service, according to their website, has existed since 1974. My guess, it's just a catchy name from a time when pretty much anyone could operate an ambulance service.

I've worked in Orange County.

I've heard good things about Doctors, I was set up for an interview there, but declined. I got hired already.

All the companies will pay you minimum wage because they are 911 and people want to work it.

I worked for a large company called Pacific Ambulance (Bowers in L.A).

They start at $10, but do IFT and CCT. I enjoyed working there, just miss out of 911 experience. Better starting pay though. Depends on your experience though, if your a newbie, don't expect any job at a 911 company, they won't hire you or expect to wait a few months for their "training class". Its all supply and demand, lots of supply, especially in this economy, demand is very low.

Good luck.

I'm from San Diego and I've heard good things about Doctors in the O.C. If they are hiring I would definitely jump on it since its so hard to get a job anywhere in so cal right now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.