Hello

sehv13

Hello. I am currently in EMT-B school and will be ready for national registry at the end of may. I am young (25), and single (no children) and could really use a change of scenery. While a lot of the posts I have read mention they are cutting back on budgets and have a hiring freeze (NYC), I was wondering where the EMS profession is thriving. I am quite sick of New Orleans.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the City There is a wealth of information here. If you have a question not posted previously just hit one of the senior members up we can help you.

BTW Being young isnt a draw back here but being young and cocky is.... :lol:

Hello. I am currently in EMT-B school and will be ready for national registry at the end of may. I am young (25), and single (no children) and could really use a change of scenery. While a lot of the posts I have read mention they are cutting back on budgets and have a hiring freeze (NYC), I was wondering where the EMS profession is thriving. I am quite sick of New Orleans.

Thanks in advance

While we arnt hiring as aggresively right now, we are still firmly in the black, are building stations, and generally doing very well compared to our "brothers" (and I use that term very loosely) in red. We are a County 3rd service with the same retirement, better schedule, and better bennies. Our scope of practice/SWO's are pretty good, and we enjoy good support of our medical community

So I think we are thriving. That said, I would not expect another hiring test until fall, or perhaps next spring. If you have no experiance by then, then I would expect a reserve offering (volunteer to get exp) instead of a full time position.We dont do PRN/PT. Generally speaking the Pacific NW is more progressive than the rest, although there are some exceptions too.

Other excellant services include Boston EMS and Austin/travis County EMS. And of course any ofthe Seattle/King County Medic One Varients.

www.adaparamedics.org

22K calls/year, 95% 911 .

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.