Ohio Debates ALS

CBEMT

Ohio has been hit pretty hard by the recession, with a strong manufacturing base in the domestic automotive industry. I am not surprised that they are looking to cut back every way they can. I even applaud their creative thinking, such as it is without understanding one whit of what they are talking about.

I don't see this getting that far before the docs from OSU climb all over these idiots.

'zilla

Anytime fire runs EMS, EMS is affected.

My belief on that is, its not necessarily the occupation (i.e. Fire/EMS) but rather the attitude of the medic on the truck. If someone wants to be there to help people then that's what they will do. If all they want to do is fight fire, then they will suck at their job. I don't think its completely fair to say all fire medics perform crappy patient care. But there are a lot of them that don't want to be on a ambulance. Which sucks because I foresee lot of municipalities moving faster towards fire based EMS in order to cut costs. I do think running BLS only would be a big mistake for Columbus though.

That is my opinion care to disagree if you like.

I don't think its completely fair to say all fire medics perform crappy patient care.

I didn't say that. I said basically the same thing you said, that the system will always suffer due to the integration. Yes, that does frequently result in crappy patient care, but certainly not by every provider.

I propose a new forum rule; If you accuse another forum member of saying something s/he never said, you're permanently banned. Seriously, I'm getting really tired of this crap.

Edited by Dustdevil

• 2 weeks later...
What's next for Columbus, Ohio.. "Mother, Jugs and Speed"

While the movie didn't portray Mother as a paramedic, Bill Cosby's name tag said "M. F. Tucker, Paramedic; Mobile Intensive Care Unit".

Edited by 4cmk6

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.