Paramedics in UAE (Abu Dhabi, Dubai)

Does anyone have information on pay, scope of practice, etc... for UAE (Abu Dhabi and Dubai). Anyone on here work there, or know someone who does?

I found their website and others, but they really didn't have a whole lot as far as pay, scope, etc...

I've had enough of these Canadian winters. From what I've researched Abu Dubai looks like a great place. Next to no crime, great climate (other then the sandstorms), friendly, cultural diversity (accepted cultural diversity I might add), etc..

**EDIT**

The main reason (other than hating winter) is I see there is a huge need for medics there. And by the look of the growth they're having there will be an even greater demand coming.

It is my understanding that, like much of the Arab world, EMS is staffed by nurses. I know it is in Dubai.

But in all of UAE, medicine -- like all service industries -- are mostly run by very low paid foreign workers from places like India, the Philippines, and parts of Asia. I can't imagine that their medics are getting paid particularly well.

Hey amigo,

Try IHR canada, Helen Ziegler, CCM out of Dublin with offices in Sydney & UK too. They post some jobs in that neck of the woods. UAE is mostly RN as stated earlier. Other opportunities check with Frontier Medical out of UK or Remote Medical out of Seattle. Good luck!

Rgrds, Chute

Frontier is not currently hiring............

I echo the previous statements along with the fact that obtaining reciprocity is nearly impossible without going through the U.A.E.'s testing and certification. Pay is low and consistant with what Dust mentioned.

You may want to consider Kuwait, look at Dyncorp and ITT. Both pay very well and have a solid presence in that country. In fact, ITT is the only company that I am aware of in the region that considers EMT-B's for employment. Shoot me a PM if you want contact info...........

As others have stated, most of the PM positions in the UAE are filled by lower paid individuals. There is in fact a huge population of Indians and Filipinos in the Emirates. This is also true of nursing. Most nursing positions are filled by people from other countries.

My company works closely with Wellcare hospital in Dubai, because we utilize their EMS service for airport pickup and ground transport to receiving facilities in Dubai when we medevac clients into the Emirates. They seem like good guys for the most part.

You may find it difficult to work as a PM because the wages and benefits may not meet your expectations. In addition, it may become more difficult in the future to move into PM positions as the Emirates is starting to push "Emiratization" in their country. In fact, foreigners vastly outnumber actual Emirates. In fact, one of my mates just took a teaching position at a college in Abu Dhabi for their new paramedic program.

Other things to consider:

-Dubai is very expensive.

-Public transport is a PIA and becomes expensive.

-Driving in Dubai is different and many different rules apply, some will not favor you if you are involved in an accident.

-UAE is an islamic country, in that I mean a state endorsed religion. As such, you will need to live a bit differently even though UAE is fairly liberal depending on where you live.

-There are rules for everything and living/working in the Emirates is a complicated process.

-The climate actually sucks in the summer which is about 9 months of the year (Temps well above 40 with very high humidity).

-Not as culturally divers as you initially think.

UAE is a nice place to visit; however, like many other places, you really need to reasearch and get a feel for what living there will be like. Remember, the tourist scene and everyday life is usually profoundly different in most places.

My companies coorporate office is in Dubai, so we spend quite a bit of time flying in and out of Dubai. This is especially true when we have several evac missions and need flight crew handy in Dubai. In fact, I spent nearly the last three weeks living in Dubai. I can tell you the glitzy tourism aspect wears off rather quickly.

Dubai has good things to offer; however, be well informed and have realistic expectations before making any decisions.

Take care,

cbare.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.